Saturday, May 25, 2013

Something Quick on Saturday #2

It's time for another Something Quick on Saturday!  and since the title is "something" I decided to show you something other than a card. 
     2 coasters,  the first I did with dsp, cardstock and stamps... I stamped with the stazon black and, then colored in with markers, I will need to use colored pencils next time as the ink ran a little.  Covered with Crystal Effects and let sit to dry, it is still a little wet and I'll probably let it sit for 24 hrs.  that isn't really quick, but it was real quick to put it together and then walk away to sit and dry.
     The second is my favorite and I feel a better way to do coasters:  Colored the tile with watercolor crayons and spread some by rubbing my finger over it to blend.  Stamped with the black stazon pad and then took outside and sprayed with acrylic sealer, let it sit to dry while I baked some cookies, then sprayed again when I took the clothes out to hang on the closeline.  I think I have put 3 coats on now and it is 5p.m.  Well what do you think?  These would be great inexpensive gifts for any  occassion as you could personalize them to  the individuals liking.. Have a great Sunday, and try a little something different with your stamps and supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New family members!

 2 new greats were born since the first of the month and I finally got cards made.   Sadie Mae joined our niece Rebecca’s family and Eric “J...