Friday, April 21, 2023

More flowers!!





 I received some new Die-cuts that are like cover plates.  Two of them sort of went together. I decided to try to use them together in an unusual way. One of them I cut normally, that’s the top background piece.  The second one I decided to try a Simon Hurley technique. I used his large foam stamping block.You heat it up then can pick up textures on the block by pressing into the heated “foam”. (other stamps, die-cuts, embossing folders, textured things around the house) They are neat because when you’re done with that particular design you can heat the block again and the design goes away so you can use it for something different.   I decided to use one of the cover dies, when you press it into the foam and then Ink up the foam it makes the  negative design.  I used the foam twice with petal pink card stock and ink.  One panel I used behind the petal pink die-cut and the other in the inside of the card shown below. 

Remember the previous card?  I used some flowers that I had colored some time ago, well these flowers, leaves, and butterfly came from the same stash 😊.   I like how it turned out!!  I have more Flowers… maybe I’ll have to make some more, try a different color. What do you suggest?  Do you like this? Have you heard of these foam stamping blocks?  Simon Hurley has  a lot of suggestions on how to use them. You can find him on YouTube and Pinterest has many ideas. Thanks for stopping by and I’d really like to know what you think?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Secret Garden #4

 Carissa Wiley Ink Blending on floral Die cuts and card leaf embossed front panel, layering, lots of dimension on this one also.