Tuesday, July 5, 2022

TSOT 563. Textures

Trio of textures?! Is that all just a trio? 😀  I may have a few more than 3. I decided to make a sea card since I had the blue piece with the embossing paste water splashes left over from a card class.  I added the clouds made from a retired embossing folder. The light blue piece behind the 3 strips was also embossed, I used the 3-d folder Seabed. The costal cabana piece was made with an embossing folder it’s called bubbles. I turned it into a stamp with a Simon Hurley foam, made it hot with my heat gum then pressed it into the embossing folder to make a stamp.  I then added ink spritzed with water and stamped. Wala!!😊

These foam pieces can be cleaned off, heated again to get rid of the pattern on it and then used again.  I’ve been playing with them quit a bit lately.  They work with so many different objects, anything with texture.    Turns embossing folders into stamps, the top and bottom of the embossing folder can be used giving 2 different looks. Press them into plastic stencils, your background dies, place mats and walls that have texture.... the list just keeps going.  

The background piece was made with watercolor paper and ink I pulled it out of my stash I made last year.  I stamped some fishes, seashores, and seaweed on it.  The turtle was clear embossed on another piece of watercolor paper from my stash them fussy cut and popped up on the card. 

Well I think I covered the card details.  I had fun making this one, wonder who will get it!  Please try to join us, I know my card is pretty full of different textures and techniques. Don’t let that scare you off just try it your way!!  Happy stamping!!



 


Optional Theme: Trio of Textures

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layers of Beauty

 Fun, fun, fun! Another new stamp set bundle, this one is called layers of beauty bundle. It has a stamp set, dyes, and decorative masks to ...