Tuesday, January 25, 2022

TSOT # 540 Monochromatic

 Monochromatic... big word for what some would think could be a hard card to make.  I guess that all depends on your way of looking at it.  There are so many different shades of one color that it really isn’t hard to make a card like that.  Most often a white, black can be added and it is still considered monochromatic. 



The card I made was inspired by another Stamper- Michelle. (Her card had one butterfly I believe) She does a lot of sponging and blending, that’s what gives this card it’s wow factor.  All blues as you can see with a touch of white and black.  I tried to give the largest butterfly a shadow in the water, it doesn’t show real well. 

Other than rotating the card I felt like it followed the sketch, at least I was working in that direction. One big butterfly and then the 3 Little ones.  I’ll put the sentiment somewhere around the horizon line.  What do you think, did I succeed???

I used the Butterfly Brilliance Stampin Up stamp set for the larger butterfly and the Positive Thoughts set for the smaller 3.   Sponging was done with sponge daubers then I went in and added texture on the water with white and the same blue. It you keep adding the same color to a certain area it will appear a darker shade. I used post it notes to mail the horizon line making the water lighter and the sky darker in that area.

Thanks for coming and maybe if you have a minute let me know what you think of my monochromatic inspired card in the comments below.  Have a great day and we hope you’ll join us in stamping and trying your hand at this technique and/or sketch. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layers of Beauty

 Fun, fun, fun! Another new stamp set bundle, this one is called layers of beauty bundle. It has a stamp set, dyes, and decorative masks to ...