Tuesday, February 16, 2021

TSOT challenge 494 - Bleaching

 I was glad to see this technique, it’s one that I haven’t done in a long time. Years ago I took a piece of each if our card stock and made myself a sample of the bleached color each color of card stock turns. This gave me a chance to try out some of the new colors.  I made 2 cards because I could 😊, and I just loved their color change. I kept the cards really simple so the bleaching wouldn’t get lost. 

The first is done on rococo rose card stock. The bleach seemed to me to turn a vanilla shade so I mounted my focal image on vanilla and added a piece of embossed(ornate floral 3D) rococo rose to a vanilla card base. Oh yes I added a vanilla seam binding ribbon strip also-guess it’s discontinued.




The second card I bleached the vine stamp on pretty peacock and I loved the greenish/yellow tone it made. Tried to pull more of the yellow look out with the flower on my focal piece. What do you think, did it make it look more yellowish?  Layered on a so saffron piece and once again embossed(subtle 3D) the background piece then added to a vanilla card base.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layers of Beauty

 Fun, fun, fun! Another new stamp set bundle, this one is called layers of beauty bundle. It has a stamp set, dyes, and decorative masks to ...