Thursday, January 21, 2021

Watercolor Wednesday challenge

Art impressions is a Stamp company that I have enjoyed getting stamps from. They have a wide variety of stamps. If any of you have heard of the stamps called girlfriends they were designed by Bonnie Krebs Art Impressions designer. One style -  line of stamps  she calls watercolor stamps. She has done many videos with them through the years. I have been watching and learning and really enjoy creating with this kind of Stamp. You stamp and then add water and color to make it look like you’ve water colored the picture. All the watercolor stamps coordinate and can be used together no guessing which is oh so nice.  After watching Yesterdays Watercolor Wednesday video Bonnie gave us a challenge. Take the Stone Creek Scene stamp,  widen the creek and use a bridge.  She told us an easy way on how to do that then asked us to make cards to submit to the challenge . She will be making a card doing this on watercolor Wednesday next week on the 27th.  I decided to take up the challenge and give it a try. Here’s a picture of the stamp in its original form and then a picture of the “vision” that I made. 



I began with putting down my creek only inking up what I wanted to use in certain places on the picture.  I used a bridge from the set that has 5 different ones.  The cabin is from the lighthouse set.  I wanted my cabin to be turned the opposite direction so I inked it, stamped it on my silicone sheet then turned it over (you can see through it for placement) and rubbed the backside of the silicone sheet and WA-LA my image was reversed.  The new mini foliage set helped add trees and all for the background.  

1 comment:

  1. Nice job. Glad you tried it. I'm into doing Valentines now and didn't want to take the time. I'm sure they'll be impressed.

    ReplyDelete

New family members!

 2 new greats were born since the first of the month and I finally got cards made.   Sadie Mae joined our niece Rebecca’s family and Eric “J...