Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Crayon Color resist and Color Burst

Let's have another technique challenge! This is our 5th one have you been playing along with us?  I do hope we've inspired you just a wee-bit.    This month Donna decided to pull out a technique that I had forgotten all about.  That's why I think this is fun, someone will remember or see a new technique and we're off!! 

As I was thinking about what to do for this one I kept coming back to the idea that I wondered how this one would work with stencils, white crayon, and color burst (like brusho's).  Soooo I decided to give it a try and really liked how it turned out!

This is a gate fold card with the flower attached to one side and the sentiment piece attached to the other.

1.  Placed the mask (from the Pattern party decorative masks - stampin' up) on watercolor paper.
2.  Colored desired spaces with crayon then removed mask
3. sprinkled the color burst over card and spritzed with water. (the crayon resisted the color - guess I didn't get it completely colored in some spaces but I like the look!)
4. I dried with the heat gun then decorated it up.  Sad to see this go - Lots of Love stamp set and Iridescent Sequins.

thanks for stopping by and maybe you'll give this a try and tell me how it turned out for you.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

New family members!

 2 new greats were born since the first of the month and I finally got cards made.   Sadie Mae joined our niece Rebecca’s family and Eric “J...