Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Card Sketch challenge 356 theme: polka dots

Good day to you, have you been waiting for a card sketch well today we have one for you.  Have you ever  bought a stamp set and then it has sadly sat, and Sat, and SAT without you opening it up and inking it???  Well that is what happened with this stamp set. I really have been wanting to use it and when I saw this card sketch I thought of it and TADA!!!!  I really like how it turned out!! I may add a vertical happy birthday sentiment to this on the right side OR I may just leave it blank. What do you think?
Sometimes it can seem hard to follow exactly what the sketch has but I always try to remember that all the pieces can be changed to fit my needs. So with this card  I did a 90 degree turn and then the large vertical piece I narrowed down (my polka dot piece) and the two pieces with rounded edges I actually made a shape(flowers) coming off the top of the top layer, the horizontal piece turned into ribbon. Always remember that the sketch is just a starting place and as you work on your card you may decide to change it up a bit and that's okay. So here is my take on the sketch below.


Stamp set - Flirty Flowers
Inks - Black tuxedo stamp pad, markers- pastachio pudding(retired) pear pizzaz, peekaboo peach,                     coral,tangerine tango
Card Stock - Crumb Cake card base, Whisper white top 
 Other           retired DSP,  peekaboo peach ribbon


Optional Theme: Polka Dots 



Click HERE to go see all the other designers takes on this sketch and then why don't you take a few min. okay maybe more that a few ;)   and join in on the fun of creating a card that you can send to someone. I'm sure that they will appreciate you taking the time and thinking of them and it would be relaxing for you - I hope:0)                                             









No comments:

Post a Comment

New family members!

 2 new greats were born since the first of the month and I finally got cards made.   Sadie Mae joined our niece Rebecca’s family and Eric “J...