Thursday, October 26, 2023

Stencil time

 I needed a card to send to a friend whose husband is a farmer. I wanted to send an encouragement card since I somewhat know what it feels like during harvest time to be the wife of a farmer. Her husband does many many acres, my husband works a full-time job and then does the farming on the side and in the evenings.  It’s many long days and late nights. I pulled out my Altenew Bitterroot Flower layering stencil.  

The colors are from Stampin Up, mostly old colors that I pulled together to make this lovely peachy-orangish colored card with flowers and for the leaves I used the soft succulent an evening evergreen that retired last year. But I can’t quit using them because I love them so much. 

I sort of cased a card that was on Pinterest. That card used a stamp stencil from Pinkfresh and had some of their inks in the peachy colors. I just thought it was beautiful and wanted to try my hand at it. I’ve never made a card with strips of card stock like this  before but I think it turned out rather lovely. Thank you for stopping by and looking if you want to leave a comment I sure would love to hear what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Layers of Beauty

 Fun, fun, fun! Another new stamp set bundle, this one is called layers of beauty bundle. It has a stamp set, dyes, and decorative masks to ...