Thursday, May 14, 2020

Jennifer McGuire split card idea

This was sooooo much fun and easy. Maybe a little time consuming since I ended up with 12 card fronts, 😄 Jennifer McGuire has a you tube video but basically here’s how its done.
1. I stamped and I cut my flowers (Altenew-Angelique Motifs stamps and dies) (larger images work well since you can tell what they are even if cut) I suppose you could probably Stamp masking the flowers as you go. (If you want to use something other than flowers down the center just remember that you will be cutting them and you need to be able to tell what it is when it’s cut.)
2. Take your 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece of card stock (this will be 2 card front layers) draw a line down the center of the card at 4 1/4 with a pencil.
3.  Arrange your flowers along this pencil line on the card adhearing them down when you have it the way you like it. You should have covered up the pencil line so you don’t need to erase it.
4.  Now turn your card upside down (your cutting blade will run smoother and your flowers won’t move.) cut at 4 1/4.  you may be going through a couple layers if you've overlapped your flowers as shown below.  This will give you two card fronts - trim top and bottom where flowers hang off card, see picture below.
5. add to card bases and decorate as desired.

This is the piece with the flowers arranged down the center. I have been placed my flowers with glue dots then tucked in the leaves. Added glue to flowers and leaves then cut -note I did use a Guillotine cutter not one with a sliding blade.









Here it is cut but not trimmed on top and bottom.
I decided to let the flowers do most of the talking, I did trim off a bit of the white side and then placed on a white card base and added strips of black.  Jennifer McGuire did hers like this and I thought they were lovely.










                         Finished cards




















Which set do you like?  I just can't decide,  :0)





1 comment:

  1. Hi Vicky, Lovely cards! I've seen her tutorial as well and I'm planning a mass production as wel, LOL. Great idea. I love your cards, they have great color combo's. I think I prefer the pink/orange cards the most, but they are all very beautiful. Marjolein

    ReplyDelete

New stamps!!😁

 Isn’t it fun to get new stamps and try them out!! This is a stamp set bundle from the new Stampin Up 2024-25 catalog. Demonstrators get the...