Saturday, May 9, 2020

April showers bring May flowers

Image may contain: possible text that says 'The Joy Of Sets MAY 2020 Floral Blog Hop'Making something new and pretty for your front door lifts the spirits. I made this wreath out of a swimming noodle. I cut it down held it together with duct tape and hot glue then covered it with some ribbon I found in my stash 😏 we all have one of those right?  The plaque was found on discount at a store sometime awhle ago.
I think Gerber daisies are so pretty and they are so colorful,  that’s the flower I intended to make what do you think does it look like them? ?  There are a few white roses, pansy's, poppies and a couple little blue flowers thrown in to add some variety.  This is one of my favorite things to do with card stock (ONE of my favorite).  I have two sons that have gotten married, for each of the receptions I’ve made arrangements for the tables with flowers to match the colors that the girls chose for their weddings. It is a little time-consuming but it is something that is relaxing to me and that I love doing. This doesn't have to be expensive either, we washed out soup cans and covered them with small decorated paper bags (Stampin up sold some one year) tied ribbon around it to hold it on and put rocks in the bottom to help weight it down. (Pictures below...if your interested 😊)  What do you love to do with your craft supplies? I like to Stamp, don’t get me wrong, but with this blog hop being themed floral I decided this would be a great one to show you.


With all that's happening in this world it will be a good reminder to look for the little things that we are blessed with.  Looking for them and being grateful will help the spirits in this trying time and remember April showers bring May flowers!!  I'm looking ahead to sunnier day!!!
                 
               

If you've just started your hop be sure to check out all the others just keep hitting the next button and you'll be taken to the next blog. There is a complete list at the end if you'd rather see the line up and use that.  After me will come.....  Alejandra Gomez  Just click on the link beside the nest button and it will take you to her.




May 2020 Blog Roll


First Wedding in Dallas Texas- this is from the reception we had here in Ohio since Many family and friends couldn't make the trip.




This is from the Kentucky Wedding, I decorated the tables for the rehearsal dinner.



10 comments:

  1. Lovely wreath project. They are so much fun to create and then show off, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a sunning wreath. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are Stunning!! I feel like I have to go make myself a floral wreath now too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW that wreath is stunning. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely wreath, those flowers are stunning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this wreath Vicki. The flowers are beautiful. What a great idea to use a swimming noodle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a gorgeous home decor piece! Do I even want to know how long it took you to put all those flowers together?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my!!! Absolutely gorgeous and inspirational, Vicki! You've been quite busy with the weddings... what an inspiration you are! Thanks for hopping with us this month. xx

    ReplyDelete

Homemade DSP

 Have you ever made your own DSP paper? I have a few times, there’s a YouTube channel called Artful Stamping with Ruth that I enjoy watching...