Thursday, November 1, 2018

November technique challenge - glitter background

I thought and thought about what to do for this challenge and then remembered some products that I had purchased YEARS ago.  Colored glitter for using on acetate, so I do hope this is okay because you see the whole background of this piece of acetate is "colored" with glitter. 

This piece of acetate came with the scene printed on it but I could have used a clear piece and stazon ink.  Each color of glitter was added then I let the whole thing dry overnight.  I think it turned out rather nice and the glitter really shows in person. (it is so hard to get glitter to show up in a photo) Below is a close up of the scene - thought you might be able to see it better.
I used linen thread to hold the piece onto the marina mist cardstock that I ran through the big shot with the new and wonderful embossing folder from Stampin' Up called -Subtle Dimension

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday boy card

 We have a grandson who’s birthday is April 1st.  Since we’re celebrating on Sunday evening I decided I’d better get a card made for him tod...