Friday, February 21, 2014

CCMC291

I have had a busy week - I have been working away from home and that is unusual for me so  Thursday evening I decided it was time to stamp!!  I think I may have been going through stamping withdraw :)  on to this posting. I saw the sketch from Create with Connie and Mary and really wanted to use the simply pressed butterfly that I showed yesterday on it somehow.  The flower is a new to me technique: (I have another posting that has this technique on it earlier this week)  it uses stamp pads, crystal effects, window sheets and reynolds wrap from your kitchen!!!  I know that's not stampin' up but it is such a georgeous look  so sparkley!! the picture just doesn't do it justice.  I  added some color to the simply pressed clay with a reinker, rolled it out, then stamped in it, and left it to dry overnight.  I then added to the butterfly with the stampin' up markers, just outlined some of the lines with a darker marker and black for the center. It is hard to tell from the picture but I cut around 3 of the flower petals and popped them up for dimension.  The butterfly wings are also popped up,  thanks for stopping by I'll try to add a list of supplies used later.


supplies:  Secret Garden stamp set and framelits  Yippee-Skippee
card stock:  Island Indigo Pool Party Quatrefancy DSP
Accessories:  simply pressed clay, window sheet, (reynolds wrap) crystal effects,  Decorative Dots emb.folder, candy dots,
stamp pads/markers;  black stazon, island indigo, flower made with 3 shades of stamp pads, each gradually darker can't find my list, think it might have been daffodil, curry and tangerine.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! This is gorgeous! Love the clay butterfly! What a great way to use that product! And your flower is so sparkly! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is really cute. I knew you'd come up with something for those clay pieces. Lol. Beautiful my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, love the clay butterfly! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That flower is gorgeous! So much visual interest going on with your card - it is beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun, cool card! I really like the cool gold flower! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen this flower technique - I will have to check it out! It is just beautiful! Thanks for joining us in the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not familiar with the flower technique, but it has beautiful results and I'm sure it is gorgeous in real life! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

New family members!

 2 new greats were born since the first of the month and I finally got cards made.   Sadie Mae joined our niece Rebecca’s family and Eric “J...