Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Try Stampin' on Tuesday challenge 247

  I wanted to get this done ( it's the 24th) since I'm so busy during the Thanksgiving week.  My family from Indiana comes to me at this time of the year, we have been doing this for almost 30 years. It is a fun but busy weekend and full of FOOD!!    We go to my mother-in-laws for Thanksgiving day, my family comes Friday for our Christmas celebration, then to end it all my extended family comes Saturday to celebrate Thanksgiving again.  When everyone leaves I often crash!!!  Just talked to my sister, she is heading up the meal on Sat. this year and we will be having a smaller group, only about 25.

Enough about all that - here is the sketch and I have to say this was a challenge, not my normal type of card.  IT IS good to challenge ourselves though and I hope you like what I came up with.  I did deviate a little and didn't use the ornament suggested theme.  The Christmas tree does have ornaments on it so it isn't totally without.  Sorry about the quality of the picture, I was going to take another and my camera died so it is plugged in charging and I'm going with this since my time is limited today. You can't see in the picture but the base of the tree has puffy snow and I spritzed that piece with some glitter to make it sparkle.


Twist/Theme: Non -Traditional Christmas Colours/Ornaments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday boy card

 We have a grandson who’s birthday is April 1st.  Since we’re celebrating on Sunday evening I decided I’d better get a card made for him tod...