Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Watercoloring Altenew designs

 I have been somewhat working on sorting and labeling my non Stampin Up stamps. I have a small container that holds my Altenew and Pinkfresh stamps and stencils.  In the process I came across these beautiful florals that I hadn’t used in a long time.  I believe these are from the stamp set called Pen Sketched.  I have spooked at many cards made with the flowers embossed with gold and wanted to try that.  I was also playing around with a Jennifer McGuire technique for faux letterpress and foils.  I made a few card front panels. I  don’t own any kind of a foiling machine and she showed this as a substitute.  

I inked up the cutting side of my dies with versa fine pad 

ran them through the bigshot so they did not cut just left the impression in the card stock (different sandwich than when cutting)

Added gold embossing powder and the heat set it.  

I’m not sure you can see it real well in the pictures but it is like a Letter pressed look. The embossing doesn’t set on top of the card stock it is “sunk” pressed into it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Layers of Beauty

 Fun, fun, fun! Another new stamp set bundle, this one is called layers of beauty bundle. It has a stamp set, dyes, and decorative masks to ...