Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Challenge 380 for TSOT

I'm back and oh does/did it feel good to  be able to craft again.  I probably should have been putting the room back together that just got painted but a girl has to have some down time - right?!!!!!

   Our suggested theme was embossing and I wanted to show how to emboss with your die cuts!  Yep you read that right, if you haven't heard of this one it really will let you get some more "omph" out of your dies and $$. (You will need some embossing mats for this technique) I have added a few pictures for you to see below and that will help show just how to expand on the use of your dies.

This card is made using a old die cut background which is pictured below actually cut out.  I embossed the design onto the piece of Coastal Cabana. After taking the picture I decided to use this for a 40th anniversary card and embossed a small Happy Anniversary so it is doubley embossed in two ways!

This has been embossed with a die that will only emboss not cut on the left side.

  
                                                                            
Die on cd.stock with some spaces popped out.          This shows the cut piece laying on black cd.stock

 This shows how a smaller die cuts the shape out and the detail
                          This show how the die embosses the detail on the shape without cutting it out.
jYou can do this with ANY die cut no matter how plain or intricate it is.

 Well I do hope you have been inspired to go and give this technique a try.   Stampin Up sells the mats needed to emboss with your dies.  If you don't already have a demonstrator I'd love to help you out.  Just leave a comment and how I can reach you and I'll help.  If you do have a demonstrator I'm sure she'll love to help. They come in a bundle and really aren't that expensive,  well worth spending a bit more to take your dies to a new level!!!   

  Don't forget to check out all the other cards, they are amazing - we all are different in how we interpret a design and theme.  Don't let it scare you off - just do your own thing!!!    Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New family members!

 2 new greats were born since the first of the month and I finally got cards made.   Sadie Mae joined our niece Rebecca’s family and Eric “J...