Thursday, September 22, 2016

The Holidays are Coming!!! and Try Stampin' On Tuesday # 290

Sometimes when I'm putting together a new blog for the holiday/ Christmas theme I feel like I'm rushing the year, we haven't had Thanksgiving yet!! The good side of this is that I'm getting many different Christmas cards done ahead of time. Have you begun yet? This will be new for me as I usually pick 2/3 designs and mass produce to send out.  

 Our theme is the Holidays are Coming;  are you one of those who love to decorate for the holiday?  What is the first thing you put out/up?  I'm more into the Thanksgiving season as my entire family comes then.    That being said, one of the first things I put up is the Christmas Tree.  
                                                                                                                                                                   
sketch #290 
If you look closely you can see the details on the dark blue piece - stampin' up - embossing folder.  The small dark blue piece with the snow flakes is actually done with an old wheel and craft white, remember them?   I used  Flower Soft - Polar White for the snow flakes around the tree.  Note to self and others, be sure your ink is GOOD and dry as the flower soft at the base of the trees has a greenish tint to it  :)        lastly I used some small plastic type snowflakes on the light blue piece to the right of the tree.  The Merry Christmas was heat embossed .



Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, what do you think of my card based on the sketch, I usually try to follow the sketch and theme but you can do/use anything.  Happy Stamping!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday boy card

 We have a grandson who’s birthday is April 1st.  Since we’re celebrating on Sunday evening I decided I’d better get a card made for him tod...