Monday, January 1, 2018

Try Stampin on Tuesday technique challenge #1

Hello all, not sure this will get on the main page. I completely missed this on our demonstrator page and was to have it on the demo. page by  Sat. the 30th. (for Jan 2018) I had so much fun I made 2 cards! on the 31st. ending the year stamping!!!!    :0)

This year has been such a challenge for my family and I decided to make a card for my brother in law. My sister who we lost to leukemia in October loved cats and her husband is a vet and they enjoyed riding the motorcycle with the legion riders.  This card honors both of those loves. To make this card I sponged the sky and stamped the motorcycle on the back  panel then cut the cat shape and placed it over in my desired position.  Oh yes I ran the top through the bigshot to give it a bit of texture and then added the sentiment and the dots. (Pretty easy to figure that one out)

This next card was inspired by a card that I saw on Pinterest, don't you just love that site?  All the ideas and inspiration there are so helpful and I really love going and seeing what others have been making, Card ideas, techniques, and helpful tips!!!

This card came together very easily,  I did make a homemade mask though that would hold up to sponging.  I didn't want it thick so I  used a piece of copy paper, I put packing tape on it thinking it might hold up to more than one use. (I only did one side if I do this again, and I will,  I'm going to try putting the packing tape on both sides as a small area between two petals did rip). This tape covered  a big enough area that I could die cut the shape and be able to sponge my color onto the whisper white card stock.  (that is what I'd call the negative)  I had a second die cut that only cut the outside of this flower and that is what I used to cut the top piece of whisper white at the edge for the  flower and the hello word.  I used Calypso Coral and sponged, the whisper white layers were adhered to a calypso coral card base. When finished I added a little bling with the clear rhinestones.

If you would like to see the other cards from the demonstrators just click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade DSP

 Have you ever made your own DSP paper? I have a few times, there’s a YouTube channel called Artful Stamping with Ruth that I enjoy watching...