Sunday, May 6, 2018

TSOT #365 Shades of one color for the babies

Do you like to get inspiration from our challenges?  How about Pinterest? Splitcoast Stampers? One thing I enjoy is watching YouTube videos.  There are many out there and I have some that I am a follower of (I follow more that I submit videos).  The idea for my card today came from one of those videos. Often when I see something I really like I then go HUNTING in my stash to see what I have that I can substitute for I don't have the same supplies!!  I made my own silhouette that I did with a color scheme to go along with our theme for this challenge.  I guess I didn't really follow the card layout this time (shown below)  sorry, but as you know we really don't mind!  Just get in there and stamp :0)
                                          Optional Theme: Shades of One Color 

To make the silhouettes I stamped all three of the images from my retired Stampin' up baby set overlapping so it would be connected, then cut around it.  I then turned it over and used the opposite side to sponge my colors onto.  I couldn't decide which one I liked the best so I sat them all up and took the picture, hope you don't mind.  We have quite a few babies due in the family and I know two of them will be boys.  I usually make more than one card when I'm stamping so I have one to send and then some others for my file.   Stamped the stars around the white front layer with the same shades as what was used on the silhouette piece.  The Special is a die cut that I have and the BABY is stamped. 

Thanks for stopping by If you came from Try Stampin's blog you have enjoyed seeing what all the others created with the card layout and theme, now remember they are for your inspiration!!  Have fun and we'll be looking forward to what all of you make and share with us!

Optional Theme: Shades of One Color 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday boy card

 We have a grandson who’s birthday is April 1st.  Since we’re celebrating on Sunday evening I decided I’d better get a card made for him tod...