Tuesday, March 27, 2018

A stenciled background for Try Stampin' challenge #361

Hello all, we have almost completed a third of this year - 2018!! I can hardly believe it, but I'm so ready for spring!  We will be welcoming a new grandchild into the family soon and are excited to meet this little person.  My life lately has been staying close to home to I can be available to watch, big brother and sister when the time comes.  Do you have any big and exciting events/happenings coming your way?

My card for this challenge is one I made after scrolling through some YouTube channels I like to watch.  Have you ever watched Jennifer McGuire?  She is an extremely talented stamper and has an YouTube channel that is great as she shows a technique and then a BUNCH of cards made with it.

  For this card I used a stencil  and sponged over it with a tone on tone (same color card stock and ink), turned the stencil and sponged again. Finished it by turning the stencil again and this time sponging with a pigment white.  It doesn't show real well in the picture but it is REALLY neat looking I have a few other samples that I tried out (haven't turned into cards yet) and will put them at the end of this posting.  I was really pleased with this card and like that way it turned out, kept it simple as I didn't want to take away from the background.


Stamp set:   (old but loved this one!)- Long Stemmed Flowers (Stampin' Up)
                                                    sentiment from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps - this is new to me and has 13 similar sayings that I really like!!
Card Stock - Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
Ink- Wild Wasabi, Craft White, Daffodil Yellow stamp pads
Accessories - Aqua painter, Wink of Stella, stamp dimensionals, white embossing powder, heat gun, ribbon

thanks for stopping in, be sure to share a card you've made with us, we really like seeing what you've come up with, you have two weeks! Here is the card sketch to follow but only if you desire to. If you get to working on your card and something else strikes you to add, delete....please don't hesitate to share with us. What we really desire is for our challenges to inspire you to stamp!  Our theme if you want to use it is  -   Thinking of you



Three other samples with different stencils




No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday boy card

 We have a grandson who’s birthday is April 1st.  Since we’re celebrating on Sunday evening I decided I’d better get a card made for him tod...