Thursday, March 1, 2018

March Technique - Embossing

Hello all, we here at TSOT have another technique for you, it will run for the whole month of March!!!
Let's all get a little "bossy"  and do some embossing.  :0)   If you don't know how to emboss please, please, please go to the Try Stampin on Tuesday page to find detailed directions on how this wonderful addition to stamping is done.   Chris is our teacher and she has done a wonderful job with her instructions.

I have done both types of embossing on this - heat embossed the anchor and the anchor ahoy banner.
The background is dry embossed and I used some color burst to add character to the water area. (color burst is the same type of powder as the brusho that Stampin' Up now sells)


You might look at this card and say - OH that is a lot of fussy cutting!!!!  But let me tell you a secret - I didn't!!!  Last year I purchased a Scan n Cut so I could quickly cut out stamped images that didn't have die cuts to match. Yes it was a bit pricey but I felt it was worth it (and I just had to do something with all the $$ I made from working so much). Now I can cut out any image that I can stamp and that puts a happy face on me.  (The machine actually cut all the images in about 2 minutes.)  Thanks for stopping by if I can be of any help or answer any questions you might have just leave it in the comments and I'll get back with you.    Should I get "bossy"?   Go get to embossing a card and join us!!!   please.  :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

New family members!

 2 new greats were born since the first of the month and I finally got cards made.   Sadie Mae joined our niece Rebecca’s family and Eric “J...