Friday, February 27, 2015

Wishing for spring! FabFri 58 challenge



Decided to enter another challenge this one runs for 2 weeks it started on Feb.20th and runs through March 5th.  I am thinking, hoping spring comes soon (but they are calling for more this weekend), I love orange flowers and this DSP caught my eye (Flowerpot collection).  I decided that the wonderful wreath stamp set and framelits needed used again I haven't pulled them out since Christmas time when this set was in the holiday catalog, it is still available. I really like this set it is easy to use and the framelits do all the work of cutting so I don't have to fussy cut when I want to pop it up as I've done here.  The banner dsp is called  Irresistibly Yours and has a resist design on it.  I stamped the leafy border from the Bordering Blooms stamp set then wiped it off,  sponged a lighter color of green over that and wiped again.  I like the way it turned out, it gave just a little more texture to the banner.  The back ground (mossy meadow cd. stock)is embossed with the Spring Flowers embossing folder that is found in the Occasions Catalog. Not sure you can tell in the picture but I sponged the edges of the flowers and shaped them some, the centers are of course pearls.  Thanks for stopping by Vicki's Visions, leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my Vision on this Fab. Friday sketch challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome use of the wreath bundle! I love how you used it for a different season! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki - What a super-fun way to use this wreath, and I love the way you've stamped the Irresistibly Yours paper. Thanks for playing along with this FabFriday sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see this fab wreath being used for a spring card too! The stamping on the Irresistibly Yours DSP really gives it a great botanical look to tie the card together! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

New family members!

 2 new greats were born since the first of the month and I finally got cards made.   Sadie Mae joined our niece Rebecca’s family and Eric “J...