Thursday, July 3, 2014

Independence Day card and Jamberry Nail Wraps!!

I can't believe that I haven't posted anything since May!!!  what happened to June???  well let me tell you.  One of my sisters got married the first of the month and my baby sister who lives in Florida came for the wedding and was here for about 3 weeks and I couldn't not spend time with her, even when she was at my Dads in another state.  After being gone from home for about 5 days let me tell you the gardens sure did need attention and have been going wild ever since. We have had rain and then more rain, not necessarily a lot at a time but enough to make the gardens really GROW including weeds that need to be pulled, seems like every time I turn around!!  Enough of that.... I have been busy outside but I did have some time to stamp just haven't posted.  This first post in July I want to wish you all a happy Independence Day,  I am so thankful I live in America even with all the strife in Washington D.C. right now.  So here it is....

Supplies: 
Cardstock;  whisper white, night of navy, real red, silver
Ink:  Craft white,night of navy, real red(reinker) , silver
Accessories:  New Decorative Masks from Stampin' Up,  sponge(for white ink), spray bottle(reinker and alcohol mixed)  iridescent ice embossing glitter, heat gun

1.  Layed a 4.25 x 5.5 piece of the n.of.navy cardstock down then the stars decorative mask(taped this down on my craft mat so it wouldn't move around, sponged with craft white ink and while still wet sprinkled with embossing glitter which I then heated to give the stars a shiney look(probably can't see this in the picture). 
2.  Same process as step one with a piece of whisper white and the stripes mask, taped all down then took the spray bottle filled with alcohol and colored with the real red reinker and sprayed over the mask to create the stripes.  (I think it could have used more red but I used the last that I had so I'll be ordering that Soon!!)
3.  Cut the n.of.navy and white with red stripes down to desired size, and used scraps of the red and silver to make banners.  the God Bless America was from a retired stamp, I cut with the banner framelit. 
This was a fun card to make here the first of July;  I have 3 pictures because I wanted you to see my new Jamberry nails with the fireworks design holding my Independence day card.  Thanks so much for stopping by and I sure do love to read all the comments!!!
showing the inside fireworks!!  fun
Close up you can sorta see the sparkle on the stars
 

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a chance to play during your busy schedule. Fun celebration card, nails and all. Thanks for playing at the Technique Twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It sounds like you've had a busy few weeks! So glad you took the time to play along with us at The Technique Twist.

    ReplyDelete

Homemade DSP

 Have you ever made your own DSP paper? I have a few times, there’s a YouTube channel called Artful Stamping with Ruth that I enjoy watching...