Tuesday, June 9, 2020

TSOT #461 New stamp set - Tasteful Touches




What inspires you when you look at the above photo? Or is your eye drawn to the sketch?  I guess I looked and was intrigued with the colors on the photo. Wanting to use a new stamp set I choose to only use the photo this time.
 One of the new In Colors that Stampin' Up has come out with is called Cinnamon Cider and I thought of it when I looked at the picture so I went with that color for the card stock layer and added an old brown - Creamy Caramel to stamp the background design and  feathers in ( I don't have the new inks yet!). I used the Mango Melody and So Saffron to get a peachy/yellowish color for the flowers. (hmm wonder what it would have looked like if I'd stamped the Mango color on the new Bumblee Bee card stock, might have to try it😊) Added just a tad of green with pear pizzaz for the sentiment and sponged the very vanilla card base edge to bring it all together.
   Hope to see a lot of cards on this one there is much room to be creative.  Creating a card/project is a wonderful thing to do.  In this day and age where texting is so easy don't forget to send a card to someone just to let them know they are special - Surprise them!!!!  Having something tangible to hold in your hands and knowing someone spent the time making it will brighten a day - It does mine. Happy Creating!!!
This stamp set is nice, has 4 any day sentiments and the 5 image stamps 2 that will make nice backgrounds. I used the larger one on this card and stamped the whole cinnamon cider piece thought it would add some dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Secret Garden #2

 Jennifer McGuire- If you have ever watched any of her videos, you’ll know she loves the layering floral dies.  This card uses the dies spon...