Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Yellow Blossoms

 I can’t believe it’s almost the end of February. It seems like time just flies by anymore.  Here in Ohio had some warmer days this past week, I’m sure they won’t last but it was nice.  Warmer days and spring coming, that means it’s getting closer to gardening and flower time. I live in an old farm house that has a covered porch.  Each year I like to hang flowerpots.  They don’t get very much Sun though so I have to be careful what kind of flowers I plant in the pots.  I often use everblooming begonias they come in a nice assortment of colors.  Okay enough of my chit chat here’s my card.  

I went with yellow as the main color because I like yellow flowers, added a bit of pink and blue to the background by coloring alcohol markers on the back of Vellum then spreading the color some with alcohol. I did add a couple frilly springs of  Vellum behind the flowers, I know you can’t see them well in the picture but they show up just the way I wanted them to-subtlety is but adds a nice look.  Thanks for stopping in to see my Vision.              


2 comments:

  1. We grow airplane plants and have some in hanging baskets, they do so well here on the Texas gulf coast. I love your card, the pretty yellow blooms and your alcohol inking and background are cool. So happy you played with us at Beautiful Blossoms this month and hoping to see you again! XOX, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - love the vellum details you've added.

    ReplyDelete

Layers of Beauty

 Fun, fun, fun! Another new stamp set bundle, this one is called layers of beauty bundle. It has a stamp set, dyes, and decorative masks to ...