Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Hearth and Home Stampin' Up Thinlits Bundle

Hello all,  I have been having a great time playing (the last few days) with this new bundle from Stampin' Ups new mini catalog for fall and winter!! The next few posts with be cards that use it,  if you go back a few  posts you'll see the first card I made for my "pheasant"  stampers card class the first of the month. There was probably 2 weeks when I didn't even walk into my craft room let alone stamp.  Why you say, let me tell you.  My husbands sister passed away, she was such a wonderful person and we did a lot together, our children were about the same age.  Down through the years we would babysit for each other and it seemed like a breeze to have all 8 together as they got along so well.  She had 4 children, 3 girls and one boy and my 4 boys really felt like the girls were the closest they came to having sisters.  She will be missed so much in our family, it was especially hard on my mother-in-law she's 91 in good health and still cleans a couple houses for 'old people'  :0)     The garden is doing well even with all the rain we had earlier this summer.  I'm up to my elbows in tomatoes, made some pickles,  and will be canning apples and cushaw squash along with more tomatoes soon.  I have my Creative Card Crew entry to get done this week also our new challenge goes live on Sept 1.  I have been trying to complete a few crocheting projects that I'm making and I sell kitchen towels that I crochet on the top of for a consignment shop. (they called and are down to one towel)

  Enough of that lets get on with the cards, I  really love this bundle :0)  did I tell you that?   It can be used for any season, the stamp set comes with three different tree combinations, three corner stamps (snowflakes, dots and spider in web) 10 different words/sentiments. The window die has been fun to use with other stamps as in my previous post.  I went with a fall scene out the window as soon it will be upon us. (I helped my husband bale hay yesterday with a coat on!!)

I had a card class at my house - we stamped the lower half of the card with the background stamp called Hardwood, added designer series paper to the top for a wall paper look, then thin strips across the seam to look like wainscoting.  The scene was colored with markers then covered with post it note and sponged color for sky and ground. I'm not sure you can tell in the picture but we added a piece of  plastic like window sheet between the scene and the window frame to look like glass.  I rolled some card stock to make a curtain rod and added the ribbon (non stampin' up) for a valiance.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll come back and see more from this stamp set and window thinlit die.



No comments:

Post a Comment

New family members!

 2 new greats were born since the first of the month and I finally got cards made.   Sadie Mae joined our niece Rebecca’s family and Eric “J...