Monday, January 12, 2015

Techno Stamper challenge #349

This year one of my wishes for myself is to enter more challenges.  It will keep me stamping and  challenge me to sometimes think out of "MY" box so here is the 2nd today. I'm home bound and couldn't think of anything better to do while doing laundry than stamping!!  
      I thought with Valentines Day coming up that I need some cards for the men in my life, I have a Wonderful Husband and 4 terrific sons AND  in the last year and half I've added a daughter-in-law and a super cute Grandson!!   
      I have been wanting for some time to make a shaker card, I hope the different sizes of hearts is okay for this challenge, When I finished the card I realized that maybe I should have used the DSP behind the heart shaker I used white thinking it might pull the white dots out on the DSP  oh well  
I used Rich Razzleberry for the card base, Put a natural DSP layer on that I ran through a homemade embossing piece.(don't have my occasions order yet)  Then I used the Occasions paper piercing pack to go around the hearts that are indented on the DSP piece (doesn't show in the picture very well)  The border on the card and on the edge I punched with a heart border punch that I have from Knock Outs.  The shaker heart was made with the heart framelits, shaker frames cut and formed around the heart shape, the little hearts in the frame are from the border punch and one larger heart from the itty bitty punch pack.  The only stamping on this card (unusual for me) is the I and U in the I heart you sentiment.  
As I look at it now I kinda wish I had used a more vibrant pink for the borders. I guess that's the way is goes sometimes...  what do you think?  Thanks for stopping by and seeing my Vision! 


1 comment:

  1. Shaker cards are always fun and this one is no exception. Love the different size hearts. Great job, thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

New family members!

 2 new greats were born since the first of the month and I finally got cards made.   Sadie Mae joined our niece Rebecca’s family and Eric “J...